Monday, March 2, 2015

3/2/15
Music Review #41: "Go For Soda"
Today, I will be reviewing "Go For Soda" by Kim Mitchell. This song was released in 1984 as part of Mitchell's "Akimbo Alogo" album. This song is very cheesy. In the video, you have these guys jumping out of a television and performing in the refrigerator. Even though this song is wild, I do enjoy the guitar and rhythm. The refrain has a head-banging beat. Also, the message that Kim Mitchell is trying to convey in this song is that you should drink soda rather than reaching for a beer because if you are throwing a party and someone gets buzzed, they may end up being involved in fatal car accident. Also, something else that I find very strange is that it seems like the one guy in the video looks like he smoked a joint or something. Even though this song is really cheesy, I do enjoy it. I give this song an eight and a half out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment