Thursday, March 26, 2015

3/26/15
Music Review #62: "Fanfare for the Common Man"
Today, I will be reviewing "Fanfare for the Common Man" by Aaron Copland. In the video, the song was performed by Northumberland Brass during the 1999 Indian River Festival in Prince Edward Island. I really like how the timpani sets the tone for the entire piece. I also really enjoy the trumpet entrance and when the trumpets and French horns play. The addition of the trombone and lower brass adds to the excitement of the song. My favorite part of the song is from 2:24 to 2:43. I absolutely love this song. It is very patriotic and it sounds very heroic. It makes me have somewhat of a stronger faith in humanity. This song is one of my top three favorite songs ever. I know that people say that you get sick of a song after listening to it for an extended period of time. If I listened to this song 100 consecutive times, I would still not get sick of it. This song gets a ten out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment